Le Jeudi 27 Février 2003 17:28, vous avez écrit :
The reason is the following they are several orinoco drivers available.
More info here:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Orinoco.html
Modules files corresponding to different cards are defined in
/etc/pcmcia/config.
This file comes from the pcmcia_cs package.

At the end of this file you have:

<beg quote>
# Include configuration files for add-on drivers

source ./*.conf

# Include local configuration settings

source ./config.opts
<end quote>

Therefore the config are overriden by present .conf files if any and
ultimatly by /etc/pcmcia/config.opts

In the pcmcia_orinoco.lrp package you have two conf files:
/etc/pcmcia/hermes.conf (conf file from Wireless web site)
and
/etc/pcmcia/wavelan2_cs.conf   (original drivers from Orinoco)
The data from wavelan2_cs.conf will be utltimatly used (alpha order)
To force the usage of orinoco_cs just remove the wavelan2_cs.conf file. You
can also remove most of the content of config and just keep the souce
./*.conf statement. Then save pcmcia.lrp

The Lucent modules are defined several time in the following files:
debian:~/bering-2.4.20/pcmcia/etc/pcmcia# grep Lucent *
grep: cis: Is a directory
config:card "Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE Adapter"
config:  version "Lucent Technologies", "WaveLAN/IEEE"
config:card "Lucent Technologies WaveLAN Adapter"
config:  version "Lucent Technologies", "WaveLAN/PCMCIA"
hermes.conf:# First class of device : Lucent & OEM
hermes.conf:card "Lucent Technologies Orinoco"
hermes.conf:card "Lucent Technologies Wavelan/IEEE"
hermes.conf:  version "Lucent Technologies", "WaveLAN/IEEE"
wavelan2_cs.conf:card "Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE"
wavelan2_cs.conf:  version "Lucent Technologies", "WaveLAN/IEEE"
wireless.opts:# Lucent Wavelan IEEE (+ Orinoco, RoamAbout and ELSA)
wireless.opts:    INFO="Wavelan IEEE example (Lucent default settings)"
wireless.opts:# Old Lucent Wavelan
wireless.opts:    INFO="Wavelan example (Lucent default settings)"

Hope that will help

Jacques