--On Friday, February 28, 2003 10:47:14 AM +0000 James Neave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

but apparently not blocking the UBR is very important.

A few questions about that log entry if I may?

According to the weblet, sorting the denied packets by IP address lists
all these packets as caused by '81.102.124.19', which is my external IP
on eth0. Can somebody explain why?

"SRC=10.75.48.1 DST=192.168.1.1"

DST is the local IP for my WinXP box, how come SRC is trying to send it
packets?

Jim, Please see Shorewall FAQ #21. That FAQ addresses a similar question. If after you have read that FAQ you still have questions, then please re-post.

I don't know whether the UBR has a static IP, but I do know the ranges it will always be in (10.xxx.xxx.1 or 172.xx.xxx.254). If it turns out to be dynamic, is it possible to put those ranges instead of a static IP in to /etc/shorewall/rfc1918?

I don't understand the question. What do you propose to put in the file in place of static IPs?

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep   \ Shorewall - iptables made easy
Shoreline,    \ http://www.shorewall.net