I'm using the rhinefet.o driver for my EPIA-ME6000 under Bering 1.0(Kernel 2.4.18).

I found that I had to compile the driver myself from source found on the CD that came with the motherboard under Debian Woody in order to get it working.

If you like I can send you the .o file.

I'm using the box as a HTTP proxy/redirector so that I can have multiple web servers running on different boxes behind my firewall.

I compiled Apache from source in order to get the proxy functions.

Seems to work fine for now. Where did you see it for $87? I got mine a few weeks ago for $125.

-Andrew

Dave Yonovitz wrote:

Which driver is correct for the VIA VT6103 10/100 chip? Using Bering 2.4.18
kernel.

Anyone using it?

FYI, I may be the last to hear about this, but in case there are others:

VIA, a motherboard manufacturer, is pushing a new MB standard called
mini-ITX. It is a 6.5 inch square Motherboard. Their product comes complete
with a fanless, low-power VIA Eden processor @533 MHz. The only things
required are inexpensive DIMM memory, floppy, and a case/power supply. I've
heard that the board itself can be had for $87! It could be a nice package
for a Bering system.

thanks,
dave