I could use some directions to more information.
I am learning a bit about LEAF, the Bering distribution, v1.2.
I've pulled the package, followed the directions, and I think I've got an
approach working.

I'm working a simple, serial-modem / single network (ppp0 eth0) setup.  I
wanted to install ssh as I went about it.  I've followed the directions,
changed the installation to use two floppies, and added the libz, sshd, and
sshkey modules to syslinux.cfg and the modules disk.

When I boot, I get an error message on the libz load that says "Invalid
gzip magic".  I did a google, but could find only one dead link to a
sourceforge archive.
I've obviously set something up incorrectly, but don't know what it is.

Would this be an erroneous version number, or am I not providing something?
 Possibly a corrupt file?

Additionally, I'm seeing sshkey returning a "format violated" error message
when that modules is loaded.

Would this be a corrupt file?

Finally, I'm getting an error message as the firewall loads its rules that
says:
        Masquerade: Error: unable to determine the routes through eth0

I've checked the zones defined, the interfaces defined, and the masquerade
definitions, and all appear to agree with the PPP setup instructions in the
LEAF User documentation.

If you could point me to something that might help, I'd greatly appreciate
it.

Thank you