Re: Careful, Ray... "suitably equipped" doesn't warn a newbie about
Re: newline-adaptable editors.  Also, most of the WinZip clones that can read
Re: .tar.gz don't re-create them with -9 compression.  Nor are the
Re: difficulties with oversized floppies in various versions of Windows
Re: self-evident.
Re:
Re: A fairly complete installation of Cygwin may alleviate these problems in
Re: many cases (gzip, vi, tar), but I gave up using typical Windows tools in
Re: conjunction with LEAF a long time ago to avoid the pain.

Windows?  What's that?  It sounds vaguely familiar. :P
I finally pried open my wallet and bought a $6 PS2/AT adapter-problem resolved.  I had
no idea that you could create havoc by trying to mount a floppy w/out specifying the
correct size.  Is it safe to presume that my floppy is ok if it boots?  I still don't
have the router working- something is hosed up.  On the floppy subject- is it possible
to estimate how many overwrites a floppy can withstand and yet remain reliable?