Le Vendredi 30 Mai 2003 13:44, Matthew Pozzi a écrit :
Matthew
OK let's try to simplify the process as musch as wee can:
I assume that all the correct modules are loaded in /etc/modules (send me
offlist a copy of that file)
Now put the following statements in your /etc/interfaces file (and remove the
rest):

# Loopback interface.
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# Declare the external (ppp) interface
#auto ppp0
iface ppp0 inet ppp
        pre-up mount none /proc/bus/usb -t usbdevfs
        pre-up sleep 2
        pre-up modem_run -f /lib/modules/mgmt.o -m
        pre-up sleep 1
        provider adsl

# Declare the internal interface
# Default: eth0 / fixed IP = 192.168.1.254
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.254
        masklen 24
        broadcast 192.168.1.255

Now the /etc/init.d/speedtch script is not needed anymore.
Once the /etc/interfaces file is setup and all the modules loaded type
ifup -v ppp0
and look at what is happening --> this should bring up ppp0 with a trace of
all the commands that are executed. (-v = verify)
If you type plog you should have the interesting part of the syslog file.
Then send that file f you have problems
If this is working then remove the # before auto ppp0 and next time you boot
up the interface will be brought up automatically

Also the output of
lsmod
could be useful to check the modules that are loaded

Cheers
Jacques