At 12:37 PM 6/16/2003 -0700, M Lu wrote:
By default, Bering is using dnscache and so /etc/resolv.conf has
192.168.1.254. Seems to me that ISP's DNSes are not used at all if you do
not change settings in dnscache. dnscache still works because it uses root
DNSes. Correct me if I am wrong.

This all sounds right. So is it the case that you want to find out what the ISP's DNS servers are, even though the router is not actually using them? (I had assumed before that you were setting up your router to use the ISP's DNS servers.) In that case, you will need to consult the lease file itself ... assuming the lease itself provies this info (it usually does) ... or, just conveivably, separate documentation from your ISP or on its Web site.

[old stuff deleted]