I'm using Bering 1.2 and having trouble with the wireless and PCMCIA support.,

guides such as,
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/buwireless.html
suggest that the PCMCIA config section will have

1) pcmcia default parameters
2) pcmcia configuration
3) wireless configuration

Mine instead has

1) /etc/pcmcia/config.opts       pcmcia card local configuration file
2) pcmcia default parameters
3) pcmcia card configuration database

P.S. I'm using the PCMCIA_orinoco.lrp package suggested at the above link

now I cant, for the life of me, get the wireless card to work.
eth0 starts up and gets an IP
eth1(wireless) just wont get an IP
I've fiddled different combinations in the linked files and also tried creating the /etc/pcmcia/wireless file that the above guide refers to - even then I just get syntax complaints.

In the Change Log for 1.2 I saw this though

"New wireless.lrp package for an easy configuration of wireless interfaces from the /etc/interfaces file."

is it possiblle the wireless_orinoco.lrp packages doesnt include this update which is causing the confusion in the config files?

if so how do I circumvent this? and if not, any ideas? where to put the info required for the IP to assign correctly for instance?

 using CableTron Roamabout 802.11
daemon.log reports
socket 0 Intersil PRISM2 11Mbps Wireless Adaptor

and debug reports
Looks like Lucent/Agere firmware version 8.10

thanks guys, and sorry this is so long.