Hi Lee

I did this a few years back and had to do a refresh cycle on my memory...
It is important that echo treats all its parameters so the disposition needs quotes...

#!/bin/sh

echo "MIME-Version: 1.0 (just a fake)" echo Content-type: application/octet-stream ; charset="us-ascii" echo "Content-disposition: attachment ; filename=foo" echo

of course you should set all as much information as possible in the MIME header

HTH
Erich