Eric & all,

I'll be willing to help test if someone develop something :-)

Jorn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Erich Titl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Booting and installing Bering using PXE

Jorn

I have some halfbred ideas how I would go about it. I wanted to tackle this
for a long time, but alas, my gateway runs and I somehow hoped someone else
would implement it without breaking the init stuff. My idea was to run the
package download at init level 2 just after the network is up, then switch
to another init level (for example 3)  to unpack and initialise the newly
downloaded packages and run the rest of the init process. This of course
would mean all packages downloaded this way need to run in at least 2
different runlevels (most do in 2 and 3).

cheers

Erich

At 13:18 19.06.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>...that would be a VERRY good thing :-)

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16