Hi friend M Lu,
Hi readers,

I have used old PC boxes with Leaf distros from several years.
All this projects are very attractive.
I am using Bering from Jacques Nilo's group because I think it is the most active and
reactive Leaf branch, as you can read on this
mailing list.

I am using IEEE802.11b networks for my personal use, but also for few communities, one
is for Radio HAMs.

I use actualy an external ethernet Access Point with success, but I plan to switch
quickly to a Soekris embeded PC solution, with
PCMCIA Prism 2 cards (exactly 2 PCMCIA and 1 Mini PCI wireless cards simultaneous).
I have yet the Soekris board which seems the "nec plus ultra", the best embeded PC for
that type of applications. The PCMCIA cost is
lower than a complete A.P. and we cand do more features with Linux than a totaly
closed A.P. ;-)

It is easyer, also, to put a Soekris embeded PC in an external sealed box than a
complete old full tower PC :-)))

Soekris is PoE powered, from 11 V to 58 V, and higher is the voltage, lower are the
Ethernet cable voltage losses.

It is also easyer to maintain a "fresh and cool" temperature in a little box than in a
big one, when the box is outside under the
sun, the same for reverse winter's temperatures.

But, honesty, I have not yet been abble to work well with this new (for me) kind of PC
for this time.
I am fighting with hostap configuration, because I have not yet well understood how to
do...
I have checked Whisp-dist which works quasi immediatly (bravo Vladimir !), but I am a
little disturbed by this distro which is
"packages compatible" with Bering and major Leaf projects, but very different instead.

So, I prefer to continue with Bering, which is more proach to Debian file structure
and easyer, for me, to understand with my
"little" Bering experience done during monthes, with the help of all friends of this
list.

Vladimir Ivaschenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has done a great distro with Whisp-dist, but I
want well understand all the parts of my routers,
and I am "more cool" with Bering than Whisp-dist.

I will take a look from time to time to Vlad's distros evolutions for the pleasure,
but, for now, I will deploy Bering only, I I can
resolve my PCMCIA problem soon.

I hope to have reply to your main question, friend.

I wish a long life to Leaf Projects and Source Forge !

Best Regards,
Francois BERGERET,
France.