I do have parport and parport_pc modules loading prior to lp as stated
in the doc.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Godfried Duodu wrote:

> symbols as shown below:
>
> insmod lp
>
> using /lib/modules/lp.o
> insmod: unresolved symbol mod_use_count_
> insmod: unresolved symbol kfree_R801a0af7
> insmod: unresolved symbol register_chrdev_RD43c9af4
> etc...
>
> Any suggestions to help  with setting up Bering 1.2 as a print
server.

when one module depends on another, you can usually find out about
this by looking in the modules.dep file that came with the compiled
modules you are looking at.

In this case, lp.o depends on parport.o.

Jeff Newmiller                        The     .....       .....  Go
Live...
DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live
Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..
Playing
/Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.
rocks...2k
Attention Web Developers & Consultants: Become An INetU Hosting
Partner.
Refer Dedicated Servers. We Manage Them. You Get 10% Monthly
Commission!