I'm using Bering 1.2 and actually is working great. It wasn't until I
decided I need traffic shaping that I began to run in to issues. I
installed all the required modules from Bering_1.2_modules_2.4.20.tar.gz
as told by the Bering user's guide. Then I installed tc.lrp and qos-htb.
When I go to test to see if everything is working it with "tc qdisc add
dev eth0 root" I get "RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument". From what
I've been reading that normally means that either the kernel doesn't
have QOS support and it needs to be recompiled or I forgot to insert the
modules. Well, the modules are inserted (although unused). I even
inserted the commented out module at one point to see if that would
help. The output of lsmod is below. Since, from what I'm reading, this
should work, I'm at a complete loss of where to go from here. Thanks in
advance for any help.

The output of lsmod:

Module         Pages    Used by
sch_tbf                 2272   0 (unused)
sch_sfq                 3328   0 (unused)
sch_red                 2264   0 (unused)
sch_prio                2240   0 (unused)
sch_ingress             1372   0 (unused)
sch_htb                18208   0 (unused)
sch_gred                4544   0 (unused)
sch_dsmark              3672   0 (unused)
sch_csz                 3532   0 (unused)
sch_cbq                11800   0 (unused)
cls_u32                 4320   0 (unused)
cls_tcindex             3876   0 (unused)
cls_rsvp6               4160   0 (unused)
cls_rsvp                4032   0 (unused)
cls_route               3940   0 (unused)
cls_fw                  2172   0 (unused)
ip_nat_irc              2176   0 (unused)
ip_nat_ftp              2784   0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_irc        2880   1
ip_conntrack_ftp        3648   1
ne                      6196   2
8390                    5820   0 [ne]