On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Hein Bauer wrote:

> Dear list,
> the package ntpdate does not work correctly here.
> The time is 2 hours minus actual time. ntpdate does
> connect to its given time-server (ntps2-2.wismar.de),
> but results in an incorrect time.....
> I think my Beringbox has a wrong timezone defined...
> /etc/localtime points to UTC, CEST did not work either,
>
> any german ntpdate-users outside, who could give
> me a hint ;-) ?

What is in /etc/TZ?? Setting it to the proper timezone fixed it
for me. The system does not appear to use /etc/localtime.

My hw clock is set to utc and the TZ file corrects it to the proper
timezone. I am not in Germany but it should not matter.

--
......Tom               Registered Linux User #14522    http://counter.li.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       My current SpamTrap ------->    [EMAIL PROTECTED]