Ok, now I've got an even weirder problem... I've got two 4511s here, and
I get this with both, as well as across multiple Orinoco PCMCIA cards..
Here's the error:

eth2: Tx timeout! ALLOCFID=0201, TXCOMPLFID=0000, EVSTAT=8000
eth2: orinoco_reset: Error -19 re-initializing firmware

        Pages and pages of that error :( Any ideas?

---
Homer Parker                  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
                              \ / No HTML/RTF in email
http://www.homershut.net       x  No Word docs in email
telnet://bbs.homershut.net    / \ Respect for open standards

"Bill Gates reports on security progress made and the challenges ahead."
-- Microsoft's Homepage, on the day an SQL Server bug crippled large
   sections of the Internet.