Ok... I've done my normal, and it isn't wanting to work :( Created a
Bering 1.2 floppy, booted from it, copied the files to a CF, edited
syslinux.cfg and changed boot and package_path to /dev/hda1, syslinux the
CF, and I get:

LILO 22.3.4 Loading Linux.........
BIOS data check successful
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

        This is an old P133, Intel chipset, 16MB RAM... It boots fine from the
floppy.. Any ideas?

---
Homer Parker                  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
                              \ / No HTML/RTF in email
http://www.homershut.net       x  No Word docs in email
telnet://bbs.homershut.net    / \ Respect for open standards

"Bill Gates reports on security progress made and the challenges ahead."
-- Microsoft's Homepage, on the day an SQL Server bug crippled large
   sections of the Internet.