I'm running Bering 1.2 on an SBC DSL connection.  I use ez-ipupd to
export the dynamic IP address I'm assigned.  Or at least I'd like to.
While ez-ipupd used to work for me (and still works at other
[comcast-based] locations I maintain), now when SBC changes my IP
address the DNS settings are not changed.

I suspect that the problem is that ez-ipupd isn't getting run in
response to the DNS change.  When I notice that there's been a change
and run ez-ipupd manually from /etc/init.d/, it works:

aphraea: -root-
# ./ez-ipupd restart
ez-ipupd error: already stopped
Starting /usr/bin/ez-ipupdate...
ez-ipupdate Version 3.0.11b7
Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Angus Mackay.
connected to www.zoneedit.com (64.21.143.23) on port 80.
request successful

Yet for some reason it must be run manually.  I wouldn't be surprised
if SBC were doing something wrong with the DHCP protocol so that
Bering isn't notified in the proper way, but have no idea how to tell
if that's the problem.

Anybody seen this?  I'm in Emeryville, California, if that matters.
Any suggestions on how to narrow the problem down?

Does the "already stopped" error above have anything to do with it?

Thanks,

--Eric House