First of all thanks for taking time out of a probably busy schedule.

I am indeed using Bering uclibc and I am running from cdrom by now.
The speedtouch package is the one I downloaded from your website, so I
should bounce that question back to you, but I assume it is not compiled
against uclibc no.

I wouldn't mind switching back to bering, but I thought I used the quick
way out and try to get my current setup going.
Probably switching to bering will turn out to be quicker anyway.

I do assume usbdevfs is mounted ok since a cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
shows the speedtouch device.
I will start configuring a berind cd and try again, I will keep you
posted on my progress.
Kim Oppalfens

Kim:
Some suggestions
I understand you are using Bering uclibc. Is your speedtouch package
compiled
against the same lib ?
I you were willing (at least for testing purpose) to use standard Bering
you
would find in  my testing directory to other versions of the speedtouch
driver: 1.1 (stable) and 1.2-beta2. You could give it a try and see if
that
solves your pb
Are you sure usbdevfs is mounted ok ?
Jacques