Jacques well done, Linux is like the hare, Micro$oft is a turtle (dead rat
actually IMHO).

May I please ask how to create another ppp device in Bering 1.2, I have ppp0
in my interfaces for PPPOA, I need to create a ppp1 for dialin, I have been
able to do a little something, but cannot see it in ip a, but this may be
due to its dynamic nature. In other words, ifup ppp1 gives me a device
already exists message.

Any clues anyone as to how I get mgetty to use this when pppd is called like
this

/AutoPPP/ _ ppp /usr/sbin/pppd

My /etc/network/interfaces

# J. Nilo, April 2002
# Wonderful system thanks to all who help others
# Loopback interface.
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

#ADSL interface
auto ppp0
iface ppp0 inet ppp
    pre-up mount none /proc/bus/usb -t usbdevfs
    pre-up sleep 2
    pre-up modem_run -f /lib/modules/mgmt.o -m
    pre-up sleep 1
    provider adsl

# Dialin
auto ppp1