Hey how is everybody doing?

 Let see if you can spot me here with my problem. I
use to work with Bering 1.2 for VLAN issues but now I
want to configure an old machine as a firewall using
the software shorewall which is include in Berig 1.2.

  I have downloaded the quick start guide for a simple
configuration, a local net conected to the firewall
(eth1) by a hub (local PCs and the firewall by eth1
are conected to the same hub) and the firewall
conected to the router (eth0) of course eth1 has thh
net IP address of the local net and eh0 has the same
net IP address of the router. Also I have configurated
all the machines within the local net with their
gateway set with the  IP address of the local interfce
of the firewall (eth1) as it is said in the quickstart
guide of shorewall for two interfaces.

  I have the following policies:

 local net ACCEPT
 net   all DROP
 all   all REJCET

The in the rules I have some rules like

local  fw   tcp 53
local  net  tcp 4662
local  net  udp 4662
net    local udp 4662
local  fw   tcp 80
fw     net  tcp 80
local  net  tcp 25 (SMTP)
net    local tcp 110 (POP)
and two or three more, I don´t know if the rules are
like that exactly now.

  The problem is that, from any computer of the local
net I can ping the private interface of the router
(which is conected to the fw) and from the firewall I
can ping either the router or any local PC. But when I
try to open my web broser in any of my local PCs it
doesn´t work.

  So here is my question, with Bering 1.2 and it´s
shorewall, do I have to start the firewall with any
command? or does it get set up automaticly by it self
after the sistem is booted? if so, how can I get it
started?

Did I do anything wrong in my configuration of the
firewall or in the desing of the net?

Thanks for yor time falks