Eric Spakman wrote:
Gene,

I want to upgrade to the latest sshd without rebooting my system. I have
copied the latest sshd.lrp to my boot floppy and mounted it on the
bering-leaf system. After I stop sshd, is it possible to "unpack" the
sshd.lrp on the floppy into /usr/sbin/ and overwrite sshd on the ram
disk? I can then start sshd and the new version should run.

I have been unable to find how to do this on the FAQ.

You could try "lrpkg -i sshd" from within the mounted directory, that will install the new sshd package and overwrite the previous one.

Will sshd connection be maintained during the sshd stop/start like when
Shorewall is restarted? I would suspect that restarting sshd would cause
any existing ssh connections to be dropped, right?

I'm not sure about that, but I suspect the connection will be dropped with a sshd stop/start.

Regards,
Eric Spakman

Strange, able to install latest sshd in running system ok using "lrpkg -i sshd.lrp" w/o reboot and it used new sshd version for new connections. Also copied latest sshd.lrp to boot floppy. When reboot occurred (due to power outage) could not do ssh connection (connection RST in response to the first SYN). Connect was attempted remotely from behind a corporate firewall, possibly via a transparent proxy. (I am not really sure how I connect but use the command line "ssh -l myuid my-lrp-server-actual-ipaddr" which works with old sshd version.)