Hi,

I've got Bering 1.2 boxen connected to ADSL modems (Telus service in
Canada) which uses pump to get an IP lease. Every so often when the DSL
service goes down, say for a few hours, the firewall doesn't pickup the
service again when it does come back up. I have to either login at the
console and force dhcp renewal or get someone to reset the box if I'm
not there. I did notice in /etc/pump.conf that retries was set to 3.
Would increasing this value to something much larger help or is there
some other directive required? I can't identify any other directives
from the man page that could help with the renewal problem.

Thanks,
Stephen