>From: "Luis.F.Correia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: [leaf-user] Bering v1.0 pppd didn't poff after idle expired
>
>Maybe you would want to look at the ppp-filter.lrp package.

Thanks for the reference.  I'll take a look at it.  I don't have much
room left on my floppy though.

>When you set a ppp idle time, this package has the ability
>to discard for example, ICMP packets from that timer, thus
>droping the line when the timer expires.

I thought I remembered something like that mentioned somewhere.

>Many providers keep pinging or scanning you, not intentionally,
>and this behaviuor keeps the line up. (and counting)

I'd say a lot of them are doing it intentionally.

Paul Rogers  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/
http://www.angelfire.com/or/paulrogers/
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)