I am trying to use a Sip phone with Dachstein 1.02 and according to [EMAIL PROTECTED] I must open ports in the range of 5004 and 5060 - 65534 UDP. But according to an email that I received from their support, the phone will not work with Linux routers because they are NAT type is symmetric.

Here is a copy of one of the emails:

"Open ports range 5004 and 5060-65534 UDP in your firewall to allow SIPphone calls. You might want to check first to see if you are behind asymetric NAT. Dial '*0' and wait for the announcement. If you hear the message "You are behind a NAT" then you won't be able to make any calls no matter how you set up your firewall. In this case you might want to try updating the firmware on your router. If that doesn't work then you will need to try a different router."

Thank you
Robert Chambers