On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Ryan M. Waters wrote:

> Under every version of bering (or any other distribution of linux) I've
> used, the screen will go blank after X amount of time.  For the purposes
> of seeing stats and risking screen burn-in, how does one turn this off?

 From http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/thc/dox/blanking_disable.txt:

  Disabling screen blanking in LRP is very easy. In most Linux
  distributions, you can use the 'setterm' command, but that would waste
  some 18k on an LRP disk; so, instead, you should skip the middle man and
  issue an equivelant command to what setterm would do for you anyway:

  echo -n -e "\033[9;0]"

  Put that command in any of your boot scripts and you're all set.

  Thanks to Giulio Orsero and Ian Scott for the answer to this age-old
  question.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing