From:   Charles Steinkuehler [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Wednesday, December 17, 2003 1:21 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject:        Re: [leaf-user] Moving from Dachstein to Bering

Eddie Wilson wrote:
> I've included an ipsec-barf to demonstrate ipsec0 being assigned to an
> address other than the primary for that interface.

< very helpful IPSec barf snipped>

Does
> anyone know of a way to change this back?

Maybe use an older version of IPSec? <only slightly kidding>

I suspect the newer version of IPSec included with Bering is causing
your problems, with an additional possability being diferences between
the 2.2 and the 2.4 kernel (especially when handling odd IP assignments
like you seem to have).

It looks like you've got a /30 point-point link on the external
interface, then two /32 IP's from who-knows-where that are also assigned
directly to the external interface.

I can suggest you try using:
   interfaces="ipsec0=wp1fr659"

instead of the current %defaultroute, but I doubt that will help.

If at all possible, assigning your extra public IP addresses differently
would probably help (perhaps assigning them to a DMZ interface, or a
'spare' NIC added to the system?).  If you could explain a bit more
about exactly how your ISP is assigning you your public IP's (and
routing them to you), a more conventional IP configration might present
itself, as well.

--
Charles Steinkuehler