On Wednesday 17 December 2003 08:33 am, John J. Orsini wrote:
> Leaf Users,
> This is a general question about the capability of Bering.  I am trying to
> connect 2 VPN clients from inside my network to their respective VPN
> concentrators.  I have successfully set up the Cisco VPN client to
> communicate to my wife's company.  One of the clients is a Cisco and the
> other is for Checkpoint.  My question is, does Bering support VPN pass thru
> like a Linksys or Dlink router?  Is there a way to set up Bering so that it
> works dynamically, instead of setting up all of the portforwarding and
> firewall rules by hand. Please let me know.

At this time, the Linux firewalling programs have no way of dynamically
port-forwarding more than one pass-through service (such as Ipsec) on
a single port (ie... 500). I know many of the DLinks are running Cisco IOS,
but I can't explain how they accomplish this feat even on IOS.
Simple answer.... no.
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall Developer