On Monday 05 January 2004 09:18 pm, Matthew Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently have 2 sites with a Leaf 2.2.19-3 Firewall at each site. I
> am using FreeS/Wan to create a site-to-site vpn between the two firewalls.
> This setup has been working fine for a while. I have run into a situation
> where I need to use the Microsoft VPN client to make a PPTP connection to a
> Pix firewall at work from a machine on the inside of one of the firewalls.
> Currently, the connection to the Pix fails behind the firewall. Is it
> possible to make the PPTP connection to the pix and still keep the
> site-to-site VPN. If so, what configurations changes would I need to make
> on the firewall?

Ipsec and PPTP are entirely different VPN protocols and this is not a problem
to co-exist. You need to port forward the PPTP service through the firewall to
the ip address of the PIX box. (GRE protocol, load the ip_masq_pptp module,
and the corresponding ports ...that I don't remember off the top of my head).
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall Developer