Am Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2004 19:25 schrieb Timothy J. Massey:
> Hello!
>
> What is the future of Bering?  Has it been supplanted by Bering-uClibc?
> Or will there be future development on "traditional" Bering in parallel?

AFAIK the new project leader for Bering Eric Wolzak still plans some updates
for Bering.

> I have been using Bering quite successfully for some time now, but I'm
> at a spot where it would be good to evaluate a change to uClibc.  I
> haven't seen any discussion regarding development on Bering.  Of course,
> most of the development on uClibc has been to recompile existing Bering
> packages...  :)

Either I miss you're irony, or you better reread the Changelog for
Bering-uClibc - none of the entries mentions other packages than the one from
the base image, and I can assure that recompiling packages has been a minor
effort compared to the changes for base image, addition of ipv6 and gaining
more space on the base image.

But maybe I understand better what you mean with "real future development" if
you give some more explanations.

As a side-note: There are even a few packages in testing not available for
Bering, requested by list-user's, but we had to made the same experience as
Jacques - often we doesn't get any feedback (positive or negative) from the
user's who requested the package and provided with a test version - so the
packages will be in testing forever.

Thx for your attention
kp