Eric,

You were right! I installed sd-mod and everything worked. Thanks for the
help.

Best Regards,

Roger

Erich Titl <erich.titl
@think.ch>
03/09/2004 12:23 PM

        To:     Roger E McClurg/CEG/[EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [leaf-user] USB Pen Drive

Roger

At 16:07 09.03.2004, you wrote:
>Greetings All,
>
>I've been trying to configure a Bering 1.2 system to accept my Lexar
>Jumpdrive (USB pen drive).  I loaded the USB modules as well as scsi-mod.
>I tested with both usb-ohci and usb-uhci. Usb-uhci seems to work. I
>mounted /proc/bus/usb and the devices file shows the Lexar Jumpdrive.
>Everything looks OK in the logs, except no SCSI device is assigned. When
>try to mount the drive with  "mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /usb", I get:
>"mount: Mounting /dev/sda1 on /usb failed: Device not configured".

You probably miss sd_mod, here is what my lsmod shows:

Module         Pages    Used by
ipsec_aes              32376  12
ipsec                 256960   2 [ipsec_aes]
sd_mod                  9900   0
usb-storage            55248   0
scsi_mod               51864   2 [sd_mod usb-storage]
usb-ohci               17656   0 (unused)
usbcore                55616   1 [usb-storage usb-ohci]
ip_nat_irc              2176   0 (unused)
ip_nat_ftp              2784   0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_irc        2880   1
ip_conntrack_ftp        3648   1
3c59x                  25104   0
e1000                  47632   1
eepro100               17892   1
mii                     2092   0 [eepro100]
isofs                  17032   0 (unused)
ide-disk                9304   0
ide-probe-mod           8476   0
ide-cd                 26956   0
ide-mod                63076   0 [ide-disk ide-probe-mod ide-cd]
cdrom                  26816   0 [ide-cd]

here are the necessary entries in /etc/modules

#
# USB support
# do not forget to mount none /proc/bus/usb -t usbdevfs
usbcore
#usb-uhci
# .. or ..
usb-ohci

#
# usb disk support
#
scsi_mod
usb-storage
sd_mod

I was about to write a micro-howto, but time flies....

HTH

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16