After using my firewall for some time on Dachstein, I wanted to upgrade to Bering because it has some features I can't find for Dachstein - such as a time server.

So, seeing Bering uClib seems to be getting all the attention these days, I tried it, but had no luck in getting it to recognize my NICs.
One is a PCI Surecom EP325 - ne2000 compatible - so I selected 8390.o and ne2k-pci.o. The other is an old IBM (Lan/Tastic based) NIC - so I used ne.o & io=0x300 (as per setup).

When I use Bering 1.2 with the same modules selected and it does find them.

What gives? What am I missing.

Another thing: my old Dachstein FW uses older Cabletron E2100 and SMC-Ultra NICs, again, using Bering 1.2 seems to find them given the proper modules, while Bering uClib does not - using the same modules.

Arnold