Giovanni Franza wrote:

Arnold Wiegert ha scritto:

Thanks for the references.

I looked them up and it seems Putty is good for telnetting only. Found
TeraTerm Pro and have installed it. It works well for serial
connections, but the 'page up' key seems to cause text to be deleted;
the page down key works as it does at the machine console.

You can edit the keyboard map.
I made this some years ago but I've lost the config file, I only
remember that it was possible, sorry ... ;-)

Giovanni

Thank you for your reply, :-) assuming you are referring to TeraTerm, it does have a keyboard map config file, but the only thing it maps are the key codes vs VT100 functions. It does not allow changing the escape sequences it sends out when a key is pressed.

In fact I was just checking the escape sequences on the serial link and
found that for page up the program sends out  ESC [ 3 ~; similar
sequences for page down, home and end keys; only the decimal digit
changes. From what I can see, the editor does not handle these sequences
 as expected.

But none of the VT100 documentation I have found on the net includes a ~
as the terminal character. The arrow keys send out the expected sequences.

So, I'm still not quite where I wanted to be :-(

Arnold