Dave,

Thanks for this tip, I see the biggest difference between the command you
supplied and the command I was using is the version of the SNMP
implementation.  I was under the impression that the version was v2 so I
apologize for assuming, and not trying earlier.  Fortunately, using your
step, I do begin to see data, however there are a couple of things that
concern me.  I'll post the data that I see:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] harryk]$ snmpwalk -v 1 -c public -m
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt firewall
1.1.0 = "Linux firewall 2.4.20 #1 Sun May 11 18:53:34 CEST 2003 i586"
1.2.0 = OID: enterprises.ucdavis.ucdSnmpAgent.linux
1.3.0 = Timeticks: (5930) 0:00:59.30
1.4.0 = "Root <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
1.5.0 = "firewall"
1.6.0 = "Apartment"
1.8.0 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.2.1 = OID: 31
1.9.1.2.2 = OID: .iso.org.dod.internet.snmpV2.snmpModules.1
1.9.1.2.3 = OID: 49
1.9.1.2.4 = OID: 4
1.9.1.2.5 = OID: 50
1.9.1.2.6 = OID: .iso.org.dod.internet.snmpV2.snmpModules.16.2.2.1
1.9.1.2.7 = OID: .iso.org.dod.internet.snmpV2.snmpModules.10.3.1.1
1.9.1.2.8 = OID: .iso.org.dod.internet.snmpV2.snmpModules.11.3.1.1
1.9.1.2.9 = OID: .iso.org.dod.internet.snmpV2.snmpModules.15.2.1.1
1.9.1.3.1 = "The MIB module to describe generic objects for network
interface sub-layers"
1.9.1.3.2 = "The MIB module for SNMPv2 entities"
1.9.1.3.3 = "The MIB module for managing TCP implementations"
1.9.1.3.4 = "The MIB module for managing IP and ICMP implementations"
1.9.1.3.5 = "The MIB module for managing UDP implementations"
1.9.1.3.6 = "View-based Access Control Model for SNMP."
1.9.1.3.7 = "The SNMP Management Architecture MIB."
1.9.1.3.8 = "The MIB for Message Processing and Dispatching."
1.9.1.3.9 = "The management information definitions for the SNMP User-based
Security Model."
1.9.1.4.1 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.4.2 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.4.3 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.4.4 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.4.5 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.4.6 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.4.7 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.4.8 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
1.9.1.4.9 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
End of MIB

I get basically the same thing when I remove the -m option.  At anyrate, I
see that I am atleast able to pull information (some) however what I have
noticed is that I do not see any statistical information.  From what I have
read through the snmpd.conf and through the maillinglist, I should be able
to use it without any major modification to the snmpd.conf file.  So I guess
my next question is, do I need to modify the snmpd.conf file in order to
retrieve eth 0/1/2 data, cpu usage, mem usage, etc... or should it work in
its default form?

Joey