Am 2004-05-03 14:51:10, schrieb Peter Mueller:

>With good NICs (eepro100 etc.) and not too many iptables rules you will max
>around 20mbit/sec.  A good rule of thumb is 5 cycles per megabit.  This
>limit actually applies to all Linux servers, not just leaf.

Are you sure ?

I run a HP Vectra XA 5/200mmx with 32 MB and have 4 x 3Com
3C905B and 2 x 3c509B.

I have one USB-Modem connected to the USB-Port and two other
Ethernet-Modem-Router to the two 3c509B.

The 10MBit Nics are for my publicnet, privatenet, securenet and
wavenet (Proxim Tsunami MP.11a).

I can transfer without any problem around 5 MByte/Second between
the publicnet (ftp/web-server) and the privatenet (workstation)

My old Router (LRP 2.9.4) had done around 30 MBits on a 486dx4/100
with 5 nics 3c509B

So I think, you can have realy more on a P1/100

Greetings
Michelle