Vladimir Ilic wrote:

I tried to lower MTU on ethernet interface on the side
of host A to 1242, but it does not help.

You would have to lower it on the clients to make a difference.

Although,
from 10 tries, I can have one or two sessions with
correct overwritting the address in the ICMP message
and then connection works, so it definitely looks like
bug for me.

Which you can probably work around by setting CLAMPMSS=Yes in shorewall.conf.

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]