Scott Merrill wrote:
> Using the latest Bering-uClibc 2.2rc4, I"m following the Bering
> instructions for setting up LEAF/Bering(-uClibc) to boot from an
> M-Systems DiskOnChip:
>    http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/budiskonchip.html

> [T]he doc2000.o module now requires the following three modules to
> be loaded _first_:
>    nand_ids.o
>    nand_ecc.o
>    nand.o

Robert Sprockeels:
> [turns out it was a bad DiskOnChip device]

I too am having problems with 2.2b4 and an M-Systems DiskOnChip.  The
machine it's on has been unused for over a year, but booted fine with
the older pre-uClib Bering software yesterday, so I think the
DiskOnChip is not bad.

However, the tools in hdsupp.lrp aren't working well for me.  I first
tried running syslinux on /dev/nftla1, and it never exited.  It didn't
print errors, and could be killed with ctrl-d, but once run never
returned to the command line.

I then tried to repartition the disk using 'fdisk /dev/nftla'.  All
was well until I tried to commit my changes, at which point the app
printed 'Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table' and then did
nothing: no exit, no response to keys (including ctrl-d and ctrl-c).
On rebooting, I found that my changes appeared to have been saved, and
so ran fdisk again, changed the partition type to 83, and committed
successfully.  But when I changed it back to fat12 and attempted to
commit the same thing happened: fdisk won't exit.

As an aside, once fdisk is refusing to exit shutdown doesn't do
anything.  The only way to reboot is to power-cycle.

I'd guess that there's something wrong with fat12 support in the
hdsupp package.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

--Eric