Brad Klinghagen wrote:

Is it right to assume that this traffic is a hacker using automated software trying to probe for weaknesses in my firewall or computer setup? Or is it something else completely, something much less sinister? Could this be some ad software, or something like it? If this isn't someone trying to get in, how can you tell in your log files. I've got a number of various entries of unwanted IP attempts to access my network; some I believe is just spurious traffic, but others look like concerted effort to get at my computers.

Might we see some of the original log messages?

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]