Hello Community,

I have Bering 1.2 Installation which works as a router between analog modem
and local ethernet, e-mail-server etc. It has been running on several boxes
without problems.

Now I built a box for this installation out of a Ali Motherboard S7AX, 192MB
Ram, an AMD K6-200 CPU, and a 3c509 NIC.

It boots fine without errors, can address the local network, but it does not
dial. The modem is plugged into the right port, and the cables are the same
as at the other boxes. The serial hardware seems to be o.k.

The error message in /var/log/messages is about: (I am not at home at the
moment)

..
ABORT ON BUSY
ATZ
expecting OK
alarm failure

I checked all the pppd configuration files, and the chat-file, but they were
the same as before and they are correct

I booted this box whith an old SuSE 6.2 Installation, and very strange, it
dialed.

Any hints?

I would highly appreciate your answers
Regards