Hello everyone,

I am cross compiling a arm program using
arm-linux-gcc.
Now i want to use a debugger to trace my program using
arm-linux-gdb
from being in a x86 machine.

That is - cross debug arm-linux program from
linux-i386 machine.

i would also like to know where would the simulator be
??

My gdb's version is 5.3, and I built it like this:
---->>>> for the first time
./configure --target=arm-linux
make
make install

I did not get the binaries of the gdb simulaor and
arm-cross-debugger.

I tried like this now --->>>>
and like this also
--->>>>> for the second time
./configure --target=arm-linux
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
--->>>>> for the third time
./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr
x --prefix=/usr
     followed by make and make install

But now i got the arm-linux-gdb. but invokation
problem .

someone here tell me how to use "arm-linux-run" and
"arm-linux-dgb"?
When I use "arm-linux-run hello", nothing happened.
When I use "arm-linux-gdb hello", entering the gdb
environment, and type
"run", It flashes the message'Try 'help target'. "

I need to setup the Cross debugger and simulator in
x86 for arm. kindly give tips.

Any Help is Highly appreciated.
Thanks & Regards.
karthik bala guru