> Axel B. Bregnsbo wrote:
> > Thanks for your help K.P. Now I am stuck again.
> >
> > My WinSCP connection times out when trying to connect to Bering uC
> > 2.2b5, but works fine when connecting to a Bering 1.2. SSH to the
Bering
> > uC 2.2b5 works fine. The successfull connection reports a
> > "Keyboard-interactive authentication refused" and succeeds using
SFTP.
> > The unsuccessful connection does not show this message, fails with
> > SFTP, falls back to SCP, and seems to get stuck with the 'lrcfg'
start
> > screen.
> >
> > Does anybody have some idea what goes wrong ?

> From: "Martin Hejl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Well, you could try to comment out the call to /usr/sbin/lrcfg from
> /root/.profile and see if that helps - I've seen interactive stuff in
> .profile do strange things to scp
>
> Martin

Yes, your advice helped. I can now successfully SCP to Bering uC 2.2b5.

I then got the error:
* Error looking up user groups.
* failed with return code 127 and error message
* .
This seems to be caused by Bering uC 2.2b5 not supporting the 'groups'
command. The error is avoided in WinSCP by disabling:
Environment > SCP > Lookup user groups

Inspecting the session.log file one also sees that WinSCP gets confused
by the delayed response of Bering shell STDERR error messages; those
marked by '!' in the log file. Guess this is a WinSCP problem.

Thanks for help,
Axel

****************************
* WinSCP <-> Bering uC 2.2b5 (error message communication problems)
****************************
> unset "LC_ALL" ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$?"
< WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0
> unset "HUMAN_BLOCKS" ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$?"
< WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0
. Looking up groups and users.
> groups ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$?"
< WinSCP: this is end-of-file:127
* (ECommand) Error looking up user groups.
* Command 'groups'
* failed with return code 127 and error message
* .
. Getting current directory name.
> pwd ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$?"
! -sh: groups: not found
< /root
< WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0
* (ECommand) Error getting name of current remote directory.
* Command 'pwd'
* failed with return code 0 and error message
* -sh: groups: not found.
. Getting current directory name.
> pwd ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$?"
< /root
< WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0
. Listing current directory.
> ls -la ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$?"
< drwxr-x---    2 root     root           80 Aug  1 11:56 .
< drwxrwxrwt   16 root     root          340 Aug  1 11:08 ..
< -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          209 Aug  1 11:16 .profile
< -rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Aug  1 11:57 null
< WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0