From: Martin Hejl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 1:50 PM
To: M Lu
Cc: Tibbs, Richard; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Sshd won't start in BeringCD 1.2

M Lu wrote:
>>From
>>http://leaf.sourceforge.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=91017&page_id=51
>
> OpenSSH sshd daemon.
> See http://www.openssh.org
> Requires libcrpto.lrp libz.lrp
>
> so you need to also load the other two packages, libcrpto.lrp and
> libz.lrp
That ist true if he he's using Bering uClibc. If you look at the top of
the page that you linked in your message, you see the packages there are

for Bering uClibc, but the original poster said he was using BeringCD
1.2 - which sounds to me like it's the "original" Bering - in which case

the Bering uClibc packages won't help at all.

The error is somewhat puzzling, since if I recall correctly, the Bering
openssh packages are statically linked against libcrypto (but it's been
a while since I worked with Bering).

So, to be precise, if it is indeed Bering uClibc, Richard should install

libz and libcrpto like you said, and if it's a "regular" Bering, he
should tell us where he got the package from (unless I'm totally
mistaken about sshd being statically linked).

Martin