Hi all,

NTL has recently upgraded my cable box, taking my line from 1Mb/s to
1.5Mb/s. Very nice of them.
But my fairly long serving Bering 1.2 box has thrown a hissy fit,
because NTL reset the MAC registration which only lets you connect
registered NICs to their network. Now, pump won't get an IP address.
It's MEANT to get a 10.a.b.c address and all HTML requests are
redirected to the registration server. All I get is "Operation Failed"
when you try to restart the networking.

Can anybody tell he how I can diagnose what's going wrong?

We've successfully registered a Win98 box on the thing, which works
fine.
It's not cables, all connectivity has been checked.
I've cleared shorewall and prevented my vtun tunnels from trying to
build themselves.
I also read the ifupdown man page on how to spoof a MAC address, but
that implies that you can only use he hwaddress switch with static ip
interfaces, not dynamic.

Finally, should I just take this as a good opportunity to upgrade to
-uClibc?

Thanks,

James.