Dear Jon,

Thanks for your suggestion, it working properly now.

I write this mini how-to for anyone who want to use HD to store log
messages:

Suppose you already install leaf on /dev/hda1 (DOS filesystem, 512MB)

Download and install hdspp.lrp package

# lrpkg -i hdsupp

Then create Linux partition

# fdisk /dev/hda

Command (m for help): n <ENTER>
Command action
e extended
p primary partition (1-4)
p <ENTER>
Partition number (1-4): 2 <ENTER>
First cylinder (132-973, default 132): <ENTER>
Using default value 132
Last cylinder or +size or +sizeM or +sizeK (132-973, default 973): +512M
<ENTER>
Command (m for help): w (Write table to disk and exit)

Now /dev/hda2 Linux partition was created, then we need to format it to use
ext3 as filesystem.

# mkfs.ext3 /dev/hda2

Beside, leaf did not support ext3 filesystem by default, we need to add
following modules:
jbd.o, ext3.o

Copy jbd.o and ext3.o to /boot/lib/modules folder.

Then add following lines to /boot/etc/modules file

# e3 /linuxrc

jbd
ext3

Finally edit linuxrc file, so that it use hard disk to save log files
instead of RAM disk.

# e3 /linuxrc

#qt mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /var/log -o size=$log_size
qt mount -t ext3 /dev/hda2 /var/log

Remember to backup initrd , then reboot.

Hope this help and thanks Jon again. ^_^

Regards,
Chris Lee