A while back I posted problems I was having using ezipupdate on Bering
uClib V2.2 behind a adsl router and having hassles getting the correct
external IP address.
In the end I abandoned ezipupdate (nothing wrong with it I just couldn't
get it to work for me) and instead rewrote a script to do the job for me.

Here was the solution:

------\usr\sbin\check_ip   starts------------------------

moved script to webserver due to list not liking it.

located at www.help.co.nz/leaf/check_ip

------\usr\sbin\check_ip   ends------------------------
Where USERNAME = DynDNS Account Username
        PASSWORD = DynDNS Account Password
        DOMAINNAME = DynDNS domain name

Note to overcome proxy servers I use port 8245 and as such need to allow
it in shorewall.
I also load wget.lrp package

I have an entry in \etc\cron.d\multicron to call the script every 5
minutes to see if my IP has changed

------\etc\cron.d\multicron starts ------------------------
#Periodic schedule for multicron. (Ping check, Space check, etc)
#Default: Every 15 minutes
HOSTNAME=firewall
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
*/15    * * * * root    /etc/multicron-p
*/5     * * * * root    /usr/sbin/check_ip 2>&1 >> /var/log/check_ip.log
------\etc\cron.d\multicron ends ------------------------

I hope this is of use to someone

Bruce