I never got sshd working on 2.2.1.
I just switched to dropbear.  It works fine.

Glenn

Glenn A. Thompson wrote:

No it actually segfaulted when I ran it in debug mode.

Martin Hejl wrote:

Glenn A. Thompson wrote:

I installed the sshd module on my bering 2.2.1 test box and gernerated keys etc. I can't seem to connect to it from my local network. I'm running my local network on 192.168.10.0/24. That caused me some grief on a few other packges until I changed their configs.
But from what I can tell I've got all that fixed up OK.
I can connect to the fw weblet application no problem. When I try to connect to the sshd from the internet I see stuff in my logs as I would expect.
When I do it from the loc network I see immediate rejects and I can't find anything in any logs.
So I installed the ssh client on the firewall. If I try to connect to localhost I just hang there.
If I try to connect to the loc interface I get reject UNKNOWN. I've looked through the rules and it seems like it should work. I even changed the interfaces file under shorewall to be more explicit about the loc and fw interfaces.

Any clues? Any more information I should provide?

You probably already checked that, but could it be an issue with /etc/hosts.allow needing to be updated with the new net?

It could also be that sshd is trying to do a DNS lookup on the IP of the box that's connecting - that would surely _seem_ like it's just died.

Martin