For the "also" parameter :

# defaults for subsequent connection descriptions
conn %default
       # How persistent to be in (re)keying negotiations (0 means very).
       keyingtries=0
       # RSA authentication with keys from DNS.
       authby=secret
       right=135.115.157.162
       rightsubnet=192.168.0.0/16
       rightnexthop=135.115.157.224
       pfs=yes

conn block
       auto=ignore

conn private
       also=block

conn private-or-clear
       also=block

conn clear
       also=block

conn packetdefault
       also=block

conn victoria
       left=24.35.38.129
       leftsubnet=172.0.0.0/8
       leftnexthop=24.35.38.1
       esp=aes
       auto=start

For the subnets, you can specify a leftsubnet=192.168.160/22, but the subnet 192.168.160.0/24 will be routed too. I don't known any other manner to specify several subnets for one connection.

You can perhaps specify several connections :

conn victoria_1
       left=24.35.38.129
       leftsubnet=192.168.161.0/24
       leftnexthop=24.35.38.1
       esp=aes
       auto=start

conn victoria_2
        also = victoria_1
       leftsubnet=192.168.162.0/24

conn victoria_3
        also = victoria_1
       leftsubnet=192.168.163.0/24

But I never tested it, and I find it not very "elegant"...

Fabrice

Troy Aden wrote:

First of all, thanks so much for the quick reply! I am sorry to bug you a
second time but I need some baby steps here.
Can you please give me a example with the configs I provided. I need to see
the "also=common_conn_params" in terms of my config.
For example, if I had a 192.168.161.0/24, 192.168.162.0/24,192.168.163.0/24,
networks on router A side. And I wanted Router B to connect to ONLY those
subnets. Can you please type in "exactly" what I would need on both router A
(S'toon) and router B (Victoria). From that, I should be able to figure out
what I need to do to be more pricise about the Router B networks within the
172.0.0.0/8 range.

Again.Thanks in advance!!! Sorry to be a pain.

Troy.

Router A (S'toon) # basic configuration config setup # THIS SETTING MUST BE CORRECT or almost nothing will work; # %defaultroute is okay for most simple cases. interfaces=%defaultroute # Debug-logging controls: "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots. klipsdebug=none plutodebug=none # Use auto= parameters in conn descriptions to control startup actions. plutoload=%search plutostart=%search # Close down old connection when new one using same ID shows up. uniqueids=yes

[...]

Router B (Victoria)

[...]

       right=24.35.38.129
       rightsubnet=172.0.0.0/8
       rightnexthop=24.35.38.1
       pfs=yes

conn block
       auto=ignore

conn private
       auto=ignore

conn private-or-clear
       auto=ignore

conn clear
       auto=ignore

conn packetdefault
       auto=ignore

conn stoon left=135.115.157.162 leftsubnet=192.168.0.0/16 leftnexthop=135.115.157.224 esp=aes auto=start