Yesterday I started with a vanilla bering-uclibc-2.2.2 boot floppy disk, insmod-ed ide drivers end then try to mount a NEW and UNTOUCHED BiWin CF.
Same results.

Is there something else I can try??

Thanks
Ciao
Gianni

Erich Titl ha scritto:
Gianni

Mailing Lists wrote:

Hi folks, does anyone know how to circumvent this problem when I try to mount (an umount) my Leaf bering uclibc-2.2.2 CompactFlash

hda: task_no_data_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: task_no_data_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
hda: Write Cache FAILED Flushing!

I modify my kernel with option

IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE=y

but nothing change.

My fear is that something could get wrong when I save a new configuration.

TIA
Ciao
Gianni

PS: this happen only with a certain kind of CF (BeWin) and not for others (SanDisk, Kingston...), but I have 20 CFs of that type!!!

I have found that this happens with recent 2.4.x kernels. For BeWin CF's I also found that they are not that linux friendly as for example Lexar, e.g. I have a number of write errors when initially storing a LEAF image. I typically return them if they produce errors at the first test run. I am using a Apacer 7 in 1 USB interface with SuSE 8.2 to write those CF's.

cheers
Erich