Hi

cpu memhd wrote:

Bering uClibc 2.2 - I got SSH working a few weeks ago. Now for some
reason it takes 40 seconds to display a console screen after I login. I
have read that this is likely a reverse DNS problem. But why should it
matter if I'm using private, 10.x.x.x IPs? Also, I don't recall making
any changes between the time SSH worked and now. Any ideas?

If you have a working DNS server then it should just return an NXDOMAIN and you should be fine. If not, sshd will try to reverse lookup your address and finally time out.

One possible solution is to include your management station in the /etc/hosts file (not that I specifically like this solution)

Erich