I get
   hda: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
   hda: packet command error: error=0x50

today, on a non-LEAF box I'm playing with. Curiously hda is a CD-ROM - I get it any time I try to mount /dev/hda and there's no CD inserted. For a h/d, IIRC it comes up only once, at boot up (I've seen it before on on a <100 MB ole IDE h/d. My research at the time led me to conclude to ignore it cuz it's harmless, as Matthew said.)

scott; canada

Roger E McClurg wrote:

I have a test machine that has a CF. I can boot from the CF, and access it normally, but it gets the following errors:
{DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
{DriveStatus Error}

I have tried a number of different CF brands, but all have the same result.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Best Regards,

Roger McClurg