...forgot to cc: the list

Joe Nelson wrote:

I actually did find that post and found that it was basically the text from
bonding.txt in the kernel documentation.  I've compiled ifenslave and the
compile seems to go well, but I can't get it to run.  I'm wondering if I
need to do something special since I'm running uClibc (Bering uClibc 2.2.2
to be exact).  I just compiled it on a RedHat box then copied the binary
over.  (It seems to run properly on the RedHat box.)  Is that the wrong way
to go about things?

Yes, unless you compile a statically linked version that includes all library dependencies. As it stands, the error you're getting likely indicates the ifenslave can't run because several libraries it's dependent on are missing. Use "ldd ifenslave" on the redhat box to see which libraries are required, and/or compile against uClibc (see the Bering uClibc documentation for how to setup an appropriate compile environemnt).

--
Charles Steinkuehler